CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 4, 2008

WE'RE STILL ON CLOUD 9

The other family who is traveling with Michael and Lauryn is the Gehrke family. They are with the same adoption agency that we are, and they are adopting their new daughter, Madelynn, from the same orphanage Haley is from. My husband is very fond of the Gehrke's....I've heard a dozen times how great they are!


Anyway, I wanted to check their blog to see if they had posted pictures yet from Gotcha Day and sure enough they had! She also included a brief description of Haley in her blog! She was talking about how emotional this was for Madelynn and how Madelynn was scared and crying (which is perfectly normal!), and then she said....


"On the other hand our friends new daughter, Haley, was ready to be adopted. She came in and went right to him. She had the biggest smile on her face. She is hearing impaired and does not speak. However words were not necessary. The expression on her face said it all. "It is finally my turn and I am ready." She was all dressed up and had her new pair of sunglasses on and her bracelets to match. She is a little princess. You can tell she is very bright. She watches everyone and takes cues from them. I would not be surprised if she reads lips."


Carli carried a backpack along for Haley filled with "little gifts" to keep her occupied while daddy signed paperwork! Haley loved the sunglasses!! And, OF COURSE she loved the necklace and bracelets (my little jewelry queen)!


My husband sent me a video in the middle of the night while I was sleeping. They walked to KFC and had dinner there (hooray, Carli finally ate something)!! Then he took the girls to the hotel swimming pool, but it wasn't very nice, so he took them to a little shop in the hotel and bought them ice cream!


When Haley saw that her daddy was sitting in front of the computer talking to me, she ran to his lap and pointed to the computer and kept saying "mama...mama"!! Needless to say, it has made MY day!!


I just talked to Michael on the web cam! Carli had fallen asleep already....she was sooo tired!! But, Haley was so busy playing with her new toys...there are no signs of her slowing down any time soon!! Michael said she is just so thrilled with her new toys and she doesn't want to put them down! I hope daddy doesn't have a tough time getting her to sleep tonight!!


3 comments:

Fiona said...

Erin and all of your family - CONGRATULATIONS! And welcome to Haley! The first thing I did this morning was check my computer - just like everyone else is doing! The photos are wonderful and the news is so good! I'll be checking for updates - and counting down the days now with you until you get to hold Haley in your arms too! Take good care! Fiona and family

Ruth said...

Congratulations!! So thrilled things are going well!!! She had a great foster mom and dad and I think they did a good job in preparing their children for this transition!! Evident again!!

bugs parents said...

The pictures are wonderful! I didn't think you would have any new ones already.

Looks like the girls are doing great together. How is the language going?