CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 2, 2008

EVERYTHING IS GOING WELL!

Michael called about a half hour ago from the White Swan. They made it through customs pretty quickly, and then to the hotel...all within an hour and a half of landing!! I don't think I've EVER been so happy to hear his voice!!

And then....my sweet SWEET Carli came on the phone!! I could hardly hold back my tears! She said the airplane was "cool"! She is VERY happy to be at the White Swan and she was in a hurry to take a bubble bath!! I told her it's all smooth sailing from here! They have a flight to Hefei tomorrow afternoon (less than 2 hour flight), so she should handle that like a piece of cake!!

Michael said he didn't sleep at all on the plane, which isn't surprising! He said Carli slept pretty good!! He said she didn't eat a THING the whole way there, though! And, if you know Carli....that is HARD to imagine! We often joke about "not coming between Carli and her food"!!

So, everything is great! They are both doing just fine! Michael did not pay for Internet service in the room because it is 1:00 a.m. there, and they have to get up at 7:30 a.m. for breakfast and then to meet the guide! So, he just wanted to get a shower and RELAX until their wake-up call at 7:30 a.m. That is very understable! I'm sure he's exhausted!

Thank you ALL for your emails (and phone calls)! I have really appreciated every one of them!

We're going to Build-A-Bear today! I wanted to get Carli a nice "welcome home" gift (I'm so proud of her)! Build-A-Bear introduced the new High School Musical bear on Thursday, so I'm getting her one before they all sell out! She will LOVE it!! She doesn't really play with any of her Build-A-Bears, but she collects them and proudly displays them in her room! Speaking of Build-A-Bear......her very first one was a white kitty named Sassy Kitty! Carli has taken this Kitty with her EVERYWHERE! She never leaves it home if we go away somewhere! She named it Chelsea! I did not know until yesterday that Carli had taken Chelsea along with her to China!!!!!!!!!!!! My mother-in-law said that when they were at the airport in Detroit yesterday, Carli was just sitting so patiently waiting to board the plane...with her "stuffed cat"!! I started LAUGHING! I said "Oh my gosh...she took her Chelsea cat with her?"!!! Yes, Carli loves her Chelsea! So, Chelsea and Carli are now BOTH officially world travelers!! I actually found a picture from Carli's 4th birthday when she GOT Chelsea!! Here they are....

Carli, if you're reading this blog and are embarassed by that picture, I'm sorry! I think it's precious!!!


WE LOVE YOU BOTH VERY MUCH...AND MISS YOU LIKE CRAZY!

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Glad they are there safely and Carli did so well on the plane!! Pretty soon they will have your beautiful girl! I am trying to decide whether to show AJ pictures of her with them. He has cried for her some nights and I don't know if it will upset him more. (he cries for baba and jie jie)He hasn't cried in a week so not sure what to do.

Kim said...

I am so glad that Michael and Carli are in China. You can stop worrying! It sounds like they are doing great! I can't wait to see them with Haley! Love, Kim

Teresa =) said...

Oh, Erin, you must be DYING inside missing Carli like that!! She's a brave girl to go all the way around the world with Dad to meet Haley and bring her home.

I have kept your family in my prayers and can't wait to see pics of Haley with her Baba and Jie Jie!!!!!

Hugs from Ohio!!

Teresa =)