CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

THEY ARE IN HEFEI :)

UPDATE: I just talked to Michael and Carli via the webcam. They went to dinner with the Gehrke family, but Michael excused himself from dinner and took Carli back to the room to order from Room Service. He said she hasn't eaten since breakfast and she would not even TRY the food in the noodle shop. Okay, all of you BTDT Hefei moms, please give me some advice on some fast food restaurants or something near the Holiday Inn in Hefei...where my husband can go to get more "Americanized" food for Carli. He said the guide just dropped them off and said "see you tomorrow"! This did not make me too happy!!

So, Carli ordered a hot dog and french fries for dinner from room service. My husband said she did not eat it. I need some advice, moms!! Is there a McDonald's, KFC, Pizza Hut nearby the Holiday Inn in Hefei?! HELP!!

They both looked very tired! I told them to go to bed early tonight and try to get some sleep! Tomorrow is a very big day for them!!

____________

It is 6:00 a.m. here on Sunday morning! I woke up and my heart started racing because Michael said he would call when they arrived in Hefei, and they should have arrived at 3:30 a.m. our time! No phone call from Michael!!

So, I logged onto the computer and went to our TokBox account (it's like Skype) and he had sent me a video clip of him and Carli!! They are in Hefei. They met up with the Gehrke family and they were going to meet with them for dinner! My husband said the Gehrke family is VERY NICE (I think he said this three times!!!)...so, they must be VERY NICE! I'm glad that he and Carli are not alone in the region (that can get to be very depressing real quickly)!!! And my "Carli girl" looks just as sweet as ever! I tell you...I think I'm the luckiest woman alive!! I love my family dearly!

It is REALLY nice to know that the TokBox works just fine! We were worried about it not working once he got to China! It works!!! And, this means that I will get to SEE my little Haley every day via the Webcam!! AWESOME!! I also think my husband can make a video clip via the Webcam and then I can copy it to my blog!! Oh my gosh, how great is that?!

You KNOW that I'm excited.....in about 15 hours Haley will be with her new daddy and new sister! I am a little bit nervous about how she will handle this. I hope she will understand what is going on and not be too frightened! I know they do a good job of preparing the children for their adoption, but....I'm not sure to what extent they can explain things to Haley. So, keep us in your thoughts and...say a prayer that all goes well on "Gotcha Day"!


5 comments:

Kim said...

I will praying!!! I hopethat Carli can find some food that she likes! Even if they can go to a store like walmart to buy some heavy snacks!I'll be looking forward to seeing Miss Haley!

Anonymous said...

I was in Hefei YEARS ago to adopt. Michael's guide sounds about as helpful as ours was. What is now the Holiday Inn was the Anhui Golden in 1997. There is a revolving restaurant at the top where we always ate breakfast. It was more western. Carli needs to eat very well each morning and then I would agree with getting some snacks. I am a lurker and can't wait to see this precious child come into a forever family.

Ruth said...

Sent you an email but there is a KFC and Pizza Hut down by Parksons. 10 minute walk maybe. They can see the parksons from the revolving restuarant. Also, in the cafe on the second floor there are sandwiches and in the case at the back there are hot dog things wrapped in like a croissant. At the noodle shop they can order fried rice if she likes it - it was really good. Hope this helps! Ohh I just remembered - the day we left they were opening an itallian section in the buffet upstairs I think (29th floor)with pizza etc.

Nancy said...

There is a KFC within walking distance- but walking the streets was not so fun in Hefei. The restaurant on the top floor had a great buffet for lunch/dinner. Loved the desserts! I think a Carrefour (like Walmart) is within walking distance where they can buy food for the room when they don't feel like venturing out. The Noodle shop is also great, and not too expensive either!

The front desk people were pretty helpful when we were there in May.

Betsy said...

No idea about the food thing, just wanted to say I am thinking of you guys and anxiously awaiting the first Gotcha post since it's only a few hours away right now!!!!