CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 22, 2008

THE WEEK IN REVIEW....

Haley trying to figure out how to ride a bike! It was very frustrating for her! She kept pushing backwards on the pedals and it wouldn't "go" for her, so she got very mad!!

Enter "big brother Dylan" who has been Haley's knight in shining armor! He really looks out for her!!

She was able to ride the bike by herself for a very short period of time! Woo-hoo!! It will take practice, but I think she'll have it mastered soon (she's a very quick learner)!!

This is Lauryn, the little show-off! She was quick to point out that her bike is bigger than Haley's and it has no training wheels!
This was all on Monday! It was a great day!! Everyone was happy and everything seemed PERFECT!!

Then came Tuesday!! And, THIS is what we dealt with most of the day! CRYING, crying and MORE crying! She does NOT like to be told "No"!! She wants everything to be HER WAY or she's going to throw a fit! She got three time-outs on Tuesday and she did not like that at all! She cried the ENTIRE TIME that we put her on the time-out chair!! I took these pictures when she was put into a time-out in her BED.....we had taken all that we could from her that day and it was TIME FOR BED!! She carried on like this for at least 25 minutes!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!

Okay! You get the picture, right?!!!!!!

Wednesday was a better day! She seemed to be more understanding of "No"! She would push her lower lip out and stomp her foot, but she wouldn't throw a FIT like she did the day before! Most of our saying "No" had to do with her pushing, shoving or hitting Lauryn!! That is a BIG "No-No"!!!

She plays very well by herself, and she actually PREFERS to play by herself! She loves all of her toys, and plays with them for hours!!


When she's not being a STINKER, she's actually very adorable!!


She also loves to look at pictures! Did you notice the bangs?!! I had to do it!! I couldn't take that hair falling in her face anymore!! And, it would not stay in the barretts!! She would come up to me every half hour and motion for me to pull her bangs back into the barretts!!


I think she looks adorable with bangs!



She has also become very fond of our cat, Abbigail. If she is quiet enough, she can sneak up on Abbigail!! But, usually she gets so excited when she sees Abbigail, and she starts SCREAMING...which sends poor Abbigail running for cover!!!
Here's Haley giving her infamous "peace sign"!!


So, Carli has been sick all week with a head cold! She is feeling better today, thank goodness! Too many sleepless nights this week for mom and dad! Dylan was sick last night (stomach flu)! So, all of this on top of working, grocery shopping, trying to unpack and get things settled in, cooking, cleaning, TONS of laundry.....COULD I GET A MARGARITA, PLEASE?!!!
__
It has been very hectic to say the least! Haley is a doll, don't get me wrong! We love her to pieces! And, I think with time everything will be great! But, she certainly has an attitude that we need to work on, and she needs to accept the fact that things aren't always going to go HER WAY in this house!! She does NOT like Lauryn to touch ANYTHING of hers, and she is very jealous of any attention that Lauryn gets!! If papa picks Lauryn up, Haley will run over to him and motion for him to pick HER up...and then arm wrestle Lauryn for who gets to put their arm around papa!! It's really quite irritating!! Haley and Lauryn being "best buds" was very short-lived!!
__
And, just when the weekend arrives and I feel like I can RELAX and get some unpacking done (I didn't get a chance to do much this week)......my husband informs me that he wants to go CAMPING! So, he and the boys are already at the campground! They are going to camp tonight, and the girls and I will join them tomorrow!! There will be no relaxing for me this weekend!! And, I guess the unpacking can wait until NEXT WEEKEND!!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Oh Erin, after this past week, I think I would let the boys go camping and opt for as much peace and quiet as I could find! But if it's something you love too, maybe that's what you need! I am REALLY sorry Haley has had a rough week(therefore you too) and poor Lauryn. Of course it will get better- Haley has so much to adjust to. This really makes me wonder how Cate will adjust. I hope your weekend is great!

Betsy said...

I LOVE the bangs! She looks really cute. I am sorry you all have had such a tough week. Learning limits is so hard (Annie still struggles with it after almost 3 years) and the sibling rivalry/jealousy thing drives me crazy at times (okay, a lot of times). Hang in there, it will all get better (then it will get a little worse, then a little more better and so on :)

Ruth said...

This sounds like our house. AJ will play with Annalynn's things all he wants and she tolerates it - the minute she steps foot in his room or touches something of his he throws a FIT!! If you figure it out let us know. Since they were in the same foster family makes me wonder what the deal is! Are they just so new to having their own things and afraid of loosing them?

Teresa =) said...

Erin -

I'm so sorry your little Jekyl/Hyde is challenging you this week! At least you're not new to mothering or to the adoption game...you know you'll figure it out. She has to be so frustrated to be in a new place AND be unable to hear or communicate with you. I hope Lauryn is getting extra loving...I really thought they would stick together like PB&J from the way they started!

Love Haley's bangs, by the way! The stringy hair look is such a bother and bangs look so much neater!!

Praying you get some peace, rest, and chocolate...

Teresa =)