CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

FATHER KNOWS BEST....

Okay, I'm the first to admit when I'm wrong!! My husband obviously knew that we needed to get away and HAVE SOME FUN with the kids! I'll admit that I wasn't too thrilled with the idea of going camping when there was so much to do around the house, but.....we have been having a WONDERFUL time camping! It was a very NEEDED family get-away!!


It is Sunday afternoon and the kids actually wanted to camp ONE MORE night! So, my husband is staying at the campground with the kids until Monday morning! What a great dad he is!!!


I'm posting several pictures from Saturday! It was a HORRIBLY hot day (94 degrees) and it was the most miserable day to be outside...but we roughed it and...the kids didn't seem to mind the heat! Us old folks had a harder time, though! Thank goodness our camper is air-conditioned!! We took several breaks to go inside and cool off!!


Today is much nicer.....89 degrees and a nice breeze!! There was NO breeze yesterday....it was PURE HEAT!! MISERABLE HEAT!!!! Grrrrrr!!!
:)









Jessi and Andy stopped by...just in time for roasting marshmallows on the fire!!
They're back to being "best buds" (for the moment, anyway)!!
Dad had enough of the heat, and went inside the nice air-conditioned camper to catch the FOOTBALL GAME (what a typical MAN thing to do)?!!!
____
You might notice from the pictures that I followed up Haley's bang-trimming with an all-around trimming!! I had to even up her hair! It was very uneven in the back....almost in the shape of a "V"!! So, I evened it up to the shortest layer and....it looks so adorable!! And, it is MUCH easier to wash, style and COMB through!!!
____

Several of you have asked how Haley is adjusting. Honestly, my husband and I have said several times that she has never seemed to look back! She has fit in so well with our family, and I think she FEELS that she belongs with us! She is so happy and is adjusting very well. She had her moments last week (that's for sure), but we knew to expect that and we were ready to deal with it! But, all-in-all she is doing incredibly well! She is so happy and she is so easy to love!! I am still amazed at how easy SHE makes it to communicate! She is a very intelligent little girl and she has learned very well how to communicate with her hands! I love her to pieces!! I really do!!!

4 comments:

Ruth said...

Glad the camping trip went well!!

Kim said...

I was with you - I thought staying home sounded like a much better idea! But, it looks like you all had a wonderful weekend. I am so glad! I hope this week is a much better one than last!! Please pray for TA for us!!!

forever sisters... said...

Hi Erin and congratulations!! Haley seems like she is doing great, well, and you too!! I've been following along, just too lazy to post. ;o( Isn't it amazing how the Haley just seems to fit into your family? I felt the same way about both of my girls too.

Carrie

Betsy said...

How great to see all the pics of the family having fun together!