CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 8, 2008

THEY'RE IN GUANGZHOU

Sorry...not much to post right now! My husband and girls were "in transit" today and he didn't have time to download pictures before he left Hefei. THEY ARE ON THEIR WAY TO GUANGZHOU!! The tokbox was not working this morning.....I could see him on the webcam, but couldn't hear a WORD he said! So, there is not much to post about right now!


I did want to mention that my husband found a little coffee shop/deli in the Holiday Inn where they sold Hagen Dasz ice cream. He wanted to buy 3 of the smallest containers they had (one for him, and one for each of the girls)....UNTIL he found out that they were $10 EACH!! Can you believe it?!!

I also asked my husband to do laundry, and even gave him the name of the washing room that the Clark family used recently. I told him to have his guide arrange this! Well, my husband said he didn't want to bother the guide with "laundry"....so, he figured he would just have room service come up and take care of doing the laundry!! OMG!! Well, the poor guy about FAINTED when he got the bill and it was $95!! Yes, $95 US FUNDS to do a load of laundry at the Holiday Inn in Hefei!! OUCH!!

MY HUSBAND TOOK THE GIRLS SHOPPING WITH THE GEHRKE FAMILY ON THEIR LAST DAY IN HEFEI! OKAY....HE's A LITTLE GOOFY, BUT I STILL LOVE HIM!

THIS IS THE GEHRKE FAMILY (DAVE, TRACEY, KAYLEE AND MADELYNN)...AND THEIR GUIDE YVONNE TOO! I WANT TO GIVE A HUGE "THANK YOU" TO THE GEHRKE's FOR BEING SO WONDERFUL AND HELPFUL! MY HUSBAND HAS REALLY APPRECIATED HAVING YOU THERE IN HEFEI WITH HIM!!!


My husband just called from the White Swan. They have arrived in Guangzhou! He is not going to have the Internet hooked up until tomorrow (it costs $20 per day). It's 7:30 PM in China right now, and he still needs to take the girls to get them dinner, baths and ready for bed! So, no use in paying $20 if he won't have much time tonight to even USE the Internet!


He did happen to mention that Haley threw quite the fit at the airport in Hefei, and she was mad at him the whole way to Guangzhou! She sat on the plane with her arms crossed and would not look at him (that flight was almost 2 hours)!!!


TODAY WAS THE OPENING CEREMONY OF THE 2008 BEIJING OLYMPICS!




Did you watch the opening ceremony on televison?! We were GLUED to the television in awe!! It's no wonder this was said to be the "most spectacular opening ceremony in Olympic history."! It was UNBELIEVABLE!! WOW!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness.. I am so sorry.. I should have warned you about the ice-cream! We had the same thing happen to us! (but it was very yummy and so cold!!)

Andy and Tamara said...

What beautiful pictures you have of the opening ceremonies, where did you find them? I also have to say that we loved the Gift from China shop. If you have American Girl Dolls, they have inexpensive and very nice silks for those dolls in the shop. One more thing, can your husband come and teach my husband how to do a girl's hair. Andy gets the girls off to school, and I am amazed at how awful their hair is in the afternoon (lol). Fortunately, Julia has an understanding teacher, and she sometimes saves him by fixing Julia's hair.