CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

ORPHANAGE VISIT...

Today was one of the highlights of the trip.....the visit to the orphanage! Michael said Haley did very well. He said it was very nice to meet Haley's foster parents and "they are great"!! Haley had a lot of gifts to hand out while she was there! One of the gifts to her foster parents were custom made coffee cups with Haley's picture on it, and it says "Forever in our Hearts"! They LOVED the cups!! Another favorite was the little photo album we put together of our family (so the foster parents could see Haley's new family)! The foster mother was thrilled to see these pictures (and Ruth, she was very happy to see the picturs of AJ in the back of the album)!!!


Here are some pictures from today.....

Haley and Carli have "almost matching" dresses!! Are they cute, or what?!!

My husband thought it was funny to see this picture hanging on the wall in the foster family's home!!
Haley and her foster mom!!

Haley and her foster dad!



These are the three new children that Haley's foster parents have! They replace Wyatt, AJ and Haley! Oh my GOODNESS...the little girl is ADORABLE (on the right)! I think my husband thought the same thing (he took several pictures of her)!! Haley and the Assistant Director who is now the DIRECTOR!! Yes, Michael was introduced to her as the "Director". So, he gave her the gift bag that I had labeled "For the Director"! Then, she noticed another gift bag with her picture taped to it (picture of her and Haley together) labeled "For the Assistant Director"!! He said he was embarassed and didn't really know WHAT was going on. So, he told her to keep BOTH gifts!! Did any of you other Hefei moms know that she was the new Director?!
WOW!! They're making some progress on the new construction, huh?!!!!!
Some of the very pretty artwork on the walls of Haley's classroom!

Haley and her favorite teacher!


Haley and the Assistant Director....I mean DIRECTOR!!

The very infamous statue at the entrance of the orphanage!
This was their last day in Hefei! Tomorrow they will fly to Guangzhou!

6 comments:

Nancy said...

I just now was able to sit and catch up on Haley's Gotcha! This kids all started school this week. So excited for you! I hope the girls are all feeling better.

Andy and Tamara said...

Oh Erin,
This is the second time I checked your blog this morning, and I was so excited to see the pictures. You had such great gift ideas. I never thought of those, and we saw the director and assistant director, so that was not the case in June. Wonder what happened? I know the director is highly respected in the community, so maybe she has moved to a higher position with the CCAA. As for the pictures - no fair posting those pictures of the babies- I want to go back and bring one home with me!!!

Ruth said...

Erin, glad the visit went well! We met the director while we were there just a few weeks ago. Our guide kept calling the asst. director the director. Is that what happened or did the tell him specifically that she is now the director? I asked her when we were there and she said she has been there over 20 years!

ww said...

Glad the visit went well. What great gift ideas! Hope the foster family can see these nice photos taken with your family. The girls look great - hope they are feeling as good as they look -fevers gone? How is Haley's hearing? Wendy

Anonymous said...

So I come over to visit from an old visit I found from you on my blog, and see my SIL, Ruth, here :)! And AJ, my new nephew. Small world.

Looks like I came just in time to see the best part of your journey so far. Congrats!

amorisa said...

Hi Erin!
I am loving reading your blog. And the pictures of Haley, and Carley and your Hubby are so touching. She seems to be doing wonderfully. I bet you can't wait to give her a big hug. How hard it must be to have to stay home.
Congratulations! and many Blessings,
Amorisa