CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 15, 2008

A VERY BUSY DAY!


Haley didn't sleep too well last night, which is no surprise! Her little time clock is all messed up! So, mom and dad shared "shifts" with her through the night!! I am amazed at how well she has adjusted to this family of ours! She just FITS RIGHT IN!!
I think I know why Haley is so little and skinny! She does NOT like Chinese food!! Michael told me that she would not eat Chinese food, but I could hardly imagine how that was possible! It's true! But, let me tell you...this little girl LOVES the American food and she can eat like CRAZY!


Today for lunch Grandma and Grandpa made a ham with scalloped potatoes, and she had TWO servings....and then wanted MORE about an hour later!!


She ate a very good breakfast too (scrambled eggs and bacon)!


Today the "cousins" came over to Grandma and Grandpa's house and they all had such a great time playing outside together! Lauryn still holds onto Haley's hand wherever they go! They're almost inseparable!




The boys (Dylan and Austin) decided to spend the night at their cousin Hunter's house. So, Michael and I took the girls to the park for a while. They had a lot of fun! We also stopped at the A&W. Haley pointed to French Fries on the menu!! She might not be able to speak, but we have had no problems understanding what she is trying to convey to us! So far, it has been much easier than I imagined! She is such a LOVING little girl and has such a kind heart! She is enjoying her new family and is just so amazing in every way! She is truly a "gift"!!





This was Haley on the way home from the park! I think it's safe to say that she was "pooped"!!

I know it's almost impossible to tell from the pictures, but "mama" actually gave Haley a haircut this morning after her bath! Dad was right...her hair was TOO long, and dry, and very uneven!! She didn't seem to mind at all, and was sure proud of her hairdo today!!

It's getting to be bedtime here for the girls! I don't have much time during the day to get on the computer, but I know how it is to be on the other end of the blog and WAITING for updates! So, I wanted to post some more pictures for you all and let you know that everying is going SO WELL for us! Thank you for all of your comments, your well-wishing, and your prayers! We love you all :)


Lauryn has been such a GREAT sister and friend to Haley! I am so proud of her!! I told my husband today that we are TRULY blessed!! There is no other word to describe it...BLESSED!

3 comments:

Teresa =) said...

Erin -

Thanks for remembering your "public" and posting for us! I have been checking your blog all day, hoping for more pictures. Haley and Lauryn together...it chokes me up to see how happy they are together! And I bet you're all smothering Haley with all the love she deserves!!

I think we need to plan a get-together soon...get back home so we can come visit you!!

Teresa =)

Ruth said...

Awesome!! Erin I am so glad things are going well!! Thanks for the pictures!!

Kim said...

Erin, I am so happy for you and your family! IT does look like Haley is doing GREAT! You're right- this is such a blessing! Please keep in touch!