CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 29, 2008

SOPHIE AND ABIGAIL (OUR TWO CATS)!

I have to post about things like this for our out-of-state family members! We don't see them too often, so this blog is a way of keeping in touch and sharing all that is going on here in our home!

About a month ago, we had to take our cat (11 years old) to the vet. She had been really sick for a long time! It finally got to the point where we could not take care of her anymore (she contracted an awful virus, and NOTHING was making it get better)! I knew that our kids would miss her terribly, though! Our vet told us of an "office cat" that he had taken in over a year ago whose owner brought her in and signed a consent for euthanization. Our vet said this cat had to be given pills every day, and the owner could no longer do it. The vet said he just could NOT bring himself to euthanize this cat!! So, our vet asked me if we would be interested in "trading" our very sick cat for this "office cat"! And, I said YES!! So, we have had the honor of taking in a wonderful cat named "Sophie"! We love her to pieces!! She is a bit "odd" and I don't even know how to explain it, but....we love her nonetheless!! Ironically, she looks very similar to our other cat, Abigail.

This is our Sophie! She loves to look out the window!! She just turned 3 years old!

This is our Abigail! She likes to just lay around and be lazy!! She is 6 years old!

Sorry for such a "boring" post, but I wanted to introduce Sophie and let everyone see how much she resembles our Abigail :)

Believe me when I say that I feel horrible for having to take our cat of 11 years to the vet, and leave without her (I cried big time)! But, I have found SOME peace in knowing that we actually "rescued" another cat!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss! Your Abigail looks JUST like our Mystic. I will email you a pic!

bugs parents said...

Amazing how much the two cats look alike! So sorry to hear of your loss of your other kitty. It's never easy to say good-bye to a family member.