CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 25, 2008

BUSY MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!

Hope you're all having a great Memorial Day weekend! Yesterday (Saturday) was our wedding anniversary! We spent it at home with the kids, and had a cookout! We skipped the traditional "mom and dad's night out" and opted to have a nice meal at home that the whole family could enjoy (this was Dylan's idea)! The steaks were GREAT!! My husband marinated them in sake (sock-ee), soy sauce and ginger! If you've never tried it, you must!! As luck would have it, our camera battery was dead, so I plugged it in to recharge it and......forgot all about it! We didn't take ONE picture yesterday!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!

_____________
Today has been another busy day! We shopped around (3 different places) for a portable air conditioner! The first two places were sold out! We finally found one at Target! We needed it for the girls' room! It is the hottest room in our house! We have central air, but that room is ALWAYS hot! So, now the girls are officially "hooked up"!! Their room has been nice and cool all afternoon!
_______________
We also spent more time outside today...my husband mowing the lawn....and I was trying to finish planting the last of my flowers before we have the mulch brought in! Here are some pictures of the flowers that I've planted.....

Okay, I didn't PLANT this one, but this hanging flower basket is sooooo gorgeous! I almost thought about not getting it because of the price, but I couldn't resist!!


This is one of the four different colors of day lillies I put in. Orange, red, pink and white! They're very nice!!

Here's the red day lillies! They almost look like a dark pink here, but they're red!

I also put in some cala lillies!

We added a weeping cherry tree (instead of planting bulbs)!


These are Japanese dwarf lilac bushes! They only get to be 3-4 feet tall. We planted a bunch of these in front of our picture window!! We had evergreen bushes in front of our window up until last year when they got some type of fungus, and we tried very hard to save the bushes (they were 30 years old), but after several hundreds of dollars trying to save them, we decided to just have them pulled out. So, now we've added some color to our view with these pretty lilac bushes! I can't wait until they get bigger and form a nice hedge under our window!!

Lauryn was daddy's helper today!!


Do you see that camper behind them?! That baby is coming out of hybernation next month and we are going to do some CAMPING!!! I'm soooo glad it's that time of year again!!







THE KIDS SPENT MOST OF THE DAY RIDING THEIR BIKES, AND PLAYING WITH THE NEIGHBOR KIDS!










NEXT SUMMER WE ARE GETTING A POOL....A REALLY NICE...BIG POOL!! WE'RE ALL LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT! POOL PARTIES AT THE DENICOLO HOUSE!!






Tomorrow we're going to the Memorial Day parade and having another cook-out! I hope you all have a safe and wonderful Memorial Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary!! Your yard looks great, too!

Teresa =) said...

Erin -

Happy Anniversary, my friend! Sorry we don't have pics to enjoy, but glad you had a nice evening with the kids!!

I'm completely and utterly jealous of your garden. I have a "black thumb" when it comes to gardening -- I'm actually a ruthless plant murderer. Your flowers are GORGEOUS!!

Hey, maybe when you get that pool, we could bring Carson out for a little reunion with Haley...just a thought!!

Teresa =)