CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

LOA HAS BEEN RETURNED TO THE AGENCY

We received the LOA from our adoption agency this morning. It arrived bright and early by DHL. We did not have to sign one of these when we adopted Lauryn. We had to sign the LOA and indicate by checking a box whether we accepted the "adoptee" named (AKA Haley). Of course we accepted!! I went to the post office this afternoon and returned it to our agency via overnight express mail. Good grief, can you believe it costs $16.50 to send a PIECE OF PAPER overnight?!! Well, at any rate...it was well worth it!!


Then I went to Shoe Carnival and picked out a pair of sandals and a pair of tennis shoes for Haley. I bought one size bigger than Lauryn's feet! I hope they fit!!! Worst case scenario, they don't fit...she gets to pick out her OWN shoes in China...and Lauryn inherits the shoes I bought today when she grows into them! Other than shoes, I think little miss Haley is all set!!


I guess it's time to get out the suitcases and start getting a jump on packing! I don't like to be "rushed" at the last minute!! I'm definitely a plan-ahead kind of person!!!

Does anyone know how long it takes to get TA once the LOA has been signed and returned?!

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Erin, Our TA is supposed to arrive tomorrow - it will be 24 days since our agency received our LOA - our LOA's went back in 2 days. Hope yours is speedy!!!
I packed her care package today :-)

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Your long journey is almost at an end!!

Kim said...

Hi Erin, I see Ruth responded. I thought I had read where it would be about 3 weeks. Do you have an idea when you might travel? I want to start packing with you!! Maybe Sunday!! Have fun!