CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A SHORT POST...

I'm sorry I haven't found much time to post lately! It has been very busy here, as you can imagine! Last night I was actually sitting at my computer working and stopped to breathe a sigh of relief! The mad rush is over!! Well, I thought it was over anyway!!


I got an email from Tracey Gehrke who is traveling at the same time as my husband, and she informed me that we needed 3 copies of the Chinese medicals. Up until a week ago, I didn't even know we needed the Chinese medicals. I didn't even HAVE them. I had to request them from our adoption agency (don't you think they should have known to send these to us?). Luckily they arrived on Monday. But, now I have to go make additional copies, which is not really a big deal...but, just frustrating that we are scrambling to get things together at the last minute because our adoption agency failed to let us know ANYTHING! I'm sorry for venting, but we have pretty much been ON OUR OWN through this whole process and it is just.....ridiculous!


And, my husband.......has not prepared well for travel!! He just got his suitcase packed last night!! And, then he wrote a "list" of things that he needed!!! And he forgot to call his doctor to get his prescriptions refilled before he left!! So, today has not been the much more relaxed pace that I had imagined it would be! It's BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!!


Tomorrow my husband and Carli leave for Michigan. They will spend the night with my husband's parents, and then go the airport on Friday morning for their flight to China!


Please send prayers that all goes well on this long flight! Carli has never flown and I'm.....very nervous!

I promise to keep our blog as up-to-date as possible so you won't miss a thing! Gotcha Day is on Monday, August 4th, but because of the time difference, actually Sunday evening (about 9:00 p.m. Indiana time), Michael will be holding Haley for the first time!! OH YEAHHHHHHHH!!

4 comments:

Kim said...

I think I am almost as excited as you are! I am counting the days down too! I knew you were going to have a crazy week. While your husband and Carli are in China, if you need someone to talk to, email me! I can only imagine the anticipation. I responded to Tracey's email asking if anyone wanted pictures. Of course I want anything with Cate I can get my hands on!I'll talk yo you soon!

Fiona said...

Wonderful and safe travels to your husband and Carli - that's quite a first flight she's making! Give Haley a hug from us - and we can't wait to meet all of you some day soon! It's been an amazing journey - so glad we discovered each other! I'll be checking your blog often for news and photos! Take good care! Fiona and family

Anonymous said...

yeah!! I have to check in on you daily now! Just a few more days and Haley will know Daddy.

We have been doing the same type of running.. finally got a hotel booked today!

Betsy said...

Oh I just can't wait for that first Gotcha day post! Beautiful Haley is coming home. Wow!!!